Well, 2007 has been my first full year knitting! I have knit previous to '07, but it was only 2 small-ish garter stitch projects ( a baby blanket and a scarf in '06, and I think I made part of a scarf back in 1990 *when I first learned the knit stitch - lol*), but it's only this year that I have seriously started knitting and made some actual progress.
Planning ahead for 2008 has made me think about the different techniques that I have learned this past year, and I have to say, I'm at least a little impressed!
In 2007, I learned:
- How to purl
- Short rows (learned for Calorimetry)
- Knitting in the round
- Simple lace (started when trying to knit a blanket for my not-yet-born at the time son *turned into a cabbage patch doll blanket for my daughter*, and later picked up again to make 2 Tuscany shawls)
- Cables (did a small swatch, just to see if I could, then started a blanket for my sister)
- Basic sock construction (slip-stitch heels, turning a heel, gussets)
- Kitchener stitch/grafting
- Drop stitch (for a drop-stitch scarf I made my sister)
- Basic hat construction
- Mitten/fingerless mitten Construction
- Some sweater construction (for Daisy - a baby sweater)