So, tomorrow is my last full day with internet until July 7th (because of the move), so I thought I'd go ahead and post now while I have a bit of time to relax before getting back to packing up the last little bits!
So, as a recap, my June goals were:
- Finish at least one of the Leyburn Socks
- Finish at least one of the Jaywalkers
- Start the Mystery Shawl
- Finish Mr.S' Caterpillar wash cloth
And I managed:
- No. Short-row heel kicked my butt. However, I did manage to find some mods on Ravelry that should solve that problem (with a non-short-row-heel). I'll work on these again when my head isn't spinning anymore.
- Yep! Then I had to rip out the kitchenered toes, and ended up pulling out half of the toe. I'll finish the toe on that one once I finish the second one (which I do happen to have OTN right now ;) )
- Yeah. I tried. I don't know that circular shawls are my thing. I'm going to wait to see some finished products before deciding to go back to it or not. I *did* start it though!
- Finito! It didn't turn out as clearly as I would hoped it would on the dark green, but I think Mr. S will love it all the same!
I also went and started another pair of socks, this time for Mr.S. Here is sock #1 (#2 is currently 1/4th of the way done - should be completely finished by the next time I get to post):
I also finished another plain 'ol washcloth this month (it can be seen here on Ravelry), and started a patterned one. Not bad progress this month I suppose.
Anyways, for July I would like to:
- Finish Mr.S' socks
- Start Miss J's socks
- Finish the Jaywalkers
- Conquer the heel on the Leyburns - hopefully finish the first sock and start on the second one.
- Knit MIL's Christmas gift
- Knit another 1-2 washcloths
- Track down the polybead thingers I need for 3 Christmas gift projects
- Track down fabric for 2 of the 3 projects mentioned above
- Buy yarn for my sister's Christmas gift