It's not the end of the month, but I can tell you that this month's goals are out the window!
Sure I finished Mr.S' socks, started a pair of socks for myself, and I did knit one sock of Miss J's pair - but that's about all that I'm likely to get done off that list.
The Jaywalkers, Leyburns, and Creamsicles are all on hold - the reason? I snapped back into reality and took a good look at what I intend to have done for Christmas gifts this year. It's a lot, and I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be at this point in the game - especially seeing as I want to be done by the end of November so I'm not stressing in December!
What I have done:
- 4 washcloths (plus 3 others that ended up going of to other uses, so no longer count towards that total :/)
- A pair of Fetchings
What's left to be done:
- 3 (possibly 4) pairs of socks (knit)
- 2 kid-sized, and one Cabbage Patch sized sweater(s) (knit)
- 2 pairs of cabled fingerless mitts (knit)
- A few Barbie Dresses (knit)
- 4 hats (knit)
- 2 tote bags (sewn)
- 3 crayon rolls (sewn)
- 3 “I Spy” bags (sewn)
- At least one batch of melt pour soap (quick & easy!)
- 2 quilts (sewn)
- A robot toy (knit), and possibly one other knit toy (also knit)
- 2 more washcloths
Oh, and those 4 hats? They aren't really gifts - just things to keep the 4 of our heads warm in the cold weather... But they'll definitely need to be done by November 30th!!
I have broken down the projects, sorting them into months - and it looks like it should be manageable. I hope I can manage it anyways!
Anyways, by the end of August, I hope to have completed:
- Dad's socks (Hareton)
- The 2 pair of fingerless mitts (Evangeline and Fetching)
- One of the 2 quilts (Miss J's)
- One or two knit Barbie dresses
- Miss J's sweater
- 3 of the 4 hats
- 2 washcloths
- Miss J's socks
- "I spy" bags
- Crayon Rolls
- The remaining hat
- Mr.S' socks
- Mr.S' Quilt
- Mr.S' sweater
- Knit robot & the other knit toy (if there's time)
- Cabbie sweater (this one may end up getting the Ax, depending on how everything else goes)
I'll likely use part of my December "Me Time" knitting for the baby knits, but I don't have a problem with that :) Besides, the mom-to-be's favorite colour is the same as mine - green! So I should really be able to enjoy that knitting quite a bit :)
Hmm...Looks like I may fall slightly short of my 12 pair (socks) goal for '08...I hope not!