Trying something new...

As some of you know, I dropped out of Sock Wars. I'm not going to bash the organizer - I know she had a lot on her plate, but things could have been much better organized/written. I'll leave it at that.

As SWIII was supposed to be a bit of a challenge, I decided to try a new technique in my newest project - toe up socks! After exploring a few projects in my Ravelry queue, I finally decided on a pair of Leyburn socks.

Now, I have to admit, I'm not really fond of the toe-upness of it (I like the satisfaction of decreasing at the end of a project), but I'm definitely enjoying the stitch pattern. It's an 8 row pattern that's pretty easy to memorize while keeping things interesting. Another thing that makes me happy about this project is that it is *finally* using the Fleece Artist Sea Wool that I have previously been unable to find a project for (4 previously frogged projects!).

I'll edit some photos in as soon as I find my camera - that's all for now!

1 comments:

Rositta May 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Hi There, saw your web page on the "dead list". I wished I'd dropped out too as does my buddy in Detroit. We, neither of got the dossier until late Saturday night and we also don't find the pattern interesting or well written. Nice blog...ciao