Crazy for Sock Yarn...

I've noticed lately, that all I've been buying is sock yarn (except for two purchases). Over May and June, I acquired enough to make 6 pairs of socks!

First, I had an order from The Yarn and Fiber Company (somewhat of a favorite, thanks to their free shipping - no min. purchase & includes Canada!):

Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Caribou Creek

and



Dream in Color Smooshy in November Muse

Then I discovered the wonderfulness that is ThankEwe!:



Superwash Sock in Lollipop

and

Superwash Sock in Cherry Wood

And then, of course, are my Yarn Pirate shipments:


Merino/Tencel in Patina

and

June's Shipment, which has yet to arrive. I have, however, sneaked a peek at spoilers. From what I've seen, it's not really to my taste, but the base (BFL) is something that I've been anxious to try, so I may just knit it up anyways (likely a pair of plain stockinette socks - that or socks for the kids).


As for non-sock yarn, I bought some lovely lace weight from handpaintedyarn.com, which had been intended for Goddess Knits' Anniversary Shawl, but then I thought about the likelyhood of myself ever using a circular shawl, and changed my mind. Well, that's not really the entire reason! The new Knitty came out, and I fell in love with Seascape, and think that this gorgeous stuff was destined for it:

What do you think?




0 comments: