You can now find this blog at www.greenapplesknits.wordpress.com
Pattern: Cozy Critter Cap (Ravelry Link)
Yarn: Patons Decor
Comments: I don't know if it's because I've knit the Monkey socks a few times now, but I just couldn't manage to stay interested in this hat for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. I, however, love the finished product. Definitely a product over process knit for me!
Today I figured I'd blog about my progress on my Holiday Knit List - especially seeing as I didn't post any photos in my last post (and now I have a few). Lets start with the "in-progress" photos that I have so far:
First we have the 9 to 9 to 9 bag:
The main body of the bag has been knit and felted (photo shows pre-felting size), and I am waiting for the yarn for the flowers to come in (which should be any day now. I have the lining fabric (black with white pin-dots), and still have to find some handles (no luck finding any online that don't come to $20+ after shipping).
Then we have the Aestlight Shawl for Julia:
The main garter triangle is done, just have to pick up the stitches around the endge, knit the lace portion, then the edging. I don't think it'll take me too long - but I haven't had the concentration for it lately.
I do have progress on other projects, I just don't have photos yet - So, onto the finished projects!
First we have socks for my Dad:
These have been done for quite some time now, and I couldn't be happier! My Dad loves plainly knit, plainly coloured socks, which are a monotonous knit. He's a hard person to shop for though, and he loves these, so they're worth it in the end!
Next we have the finished ornament set for the Ottawa Knit Nights swap:
I had been considering adding a navy blue and a variegated blue/eggplant/coppery-brown ones, but I'm happy with this colour combo, and I'm not sure that it would look like a "set" with those 2 ornaments added. I may change my mind later, but I'm happy with how these 4 look together for now :)
That's all I have for photos for now - I'll post again when I have more. Happy knitting!
We all know that there's a big holiday that's 5 months (and a bit) away, and I started freaking out last month because I had absolutely *nothing* done, and by June, I'm at least 30% way finished shopping/knitting through my list. I guess you could say that it really snuck up on me this year. So, I sat down and started making a list of people that my family will gift to, and choosing which ones I think are knit-worthy - which in the end, turns out to be not that many! I think I'm safe to post my Holiday Knit List, (minus one or two projects that will be for some people who may or may not read this). So, here it is (along with project statuses):
- My Dad (aka the man who lit the fire under my butt to knit socks): Plain ol' socks - Status: Done!
- My BFF: 9 to 9 to 9 felted bag (a Noni pattern) - Status: The main part of the bag is knit and felted, and liner fabric has been chosen from my fabric stash; Waiting for the yarn for the flowers to come in, and still need to find and buy handles.
- Julia: Aestlight Shawl (Status: Started) and a pair or two of socks (Status: Have yarn, waiting until fall to start so she doesn't outgrow them before she gets them - like last year!)
- Seth: Petit Poisson Blanket (Status: 20% done) and a pair or 2 of socks (Status: Same as Julia's socks)
- DH: Thuja socks (Status: ordered the yarn today) and possibly a scarf to go with the hat I knit him for last winter (Status: still contemplating!)
- Knit night ornament swap: 5 mini-sock ornaments (Status: 2 done, 3 to go)
Bye for now, and happy knitting!