Don't mind me, I'm just having a panic attack...

Seriously. Not in a joking way.

I've had panic attacks since I was a kid - not the crazy-can't-stop-hyperventilating-need-a-paper-bag-I look like a crazy-person kind, but ones that are incredibly unpleasant all the same. It's been months since I've had one, but in the last week, I've had...3 - one of which, I am currently in the middle of. I think it might have something to do with the season - because I do usually start having them around this time of year....

This morning, I was going through my Christmas '07 excel file (I HAVE to be the organized one when it comes to the holidays, or nothing would get done till the absolute last minute, if at all), and honestly, I thing we're doing ok so far.

We've "financially" (meaning some of this is supplies for making gifts that are not complete) taken care of 8 of 19 gifts (this does not include gifts for hubby, the 2 kids and myself).

Here's a list of who we gift to:

Hubby's Side - parents, grandparents, brother,sister,sister-in-law, 2 nephews, 2 cousins (who are practically our daughter's best friends), best friend (who may as well be his brother),one aunt(of MANY, but she's one of my all-time favorite people, and what I'm making her is relatively cheap supply-wise).

My side: Dad, mom, 2 sets of grandparents, sister, best friend.

My best friend is the only one who might have her gift postponed into the new year (I haven't seen her since...June maybe? Don't know when I'll get to see her next either), other than that, the rest absolutely cannot be cut...

Did I mention that I do all the gift shopping/prep on my own? That I won't even have a stocking unless I do it myself? It sucks, but I guess I don't really mind all that much in the end...

Do I really wonder why I'm constantly having panic attacks now? Not really...

At least I have nearly everything planned out, I just have to find the time/money/energy to take care of everything while looking after a baby and pre-schooler!

Cut to the part where this is knitting related (this IS a knitting blog. isn't it?)... I have a bit over 2 months to start/finish 6 knitting projects.... At least I have 3 of these on the go right now, but I am now incredibly driven to finish at least one of them within the next week - maybe then the stress will subside a bit...

Tuscany, you're my target (because I really REALLY can't stand to work on the blanket anymore this week!).

0 comments: