It's not everyday that you can honestly say...

...that your bellybutton hurts!

I had surgery on Friday to have my gallbladder removed, and one of the places that they put an incision (there's 4 in total), is in your bellybutton! Seriously - it's not cool! I think that's the one that hurts the most! (Sorry if that's TMI for anyone!)

Anyways, on benefit of this surgery and being pretty much useless, is that I'm getting quite a bit of uninterrupted knitting time! Yay! Counterpoint is almost done - should definitely be done by the end of tomorrow, if not by tonight!

After that, I need to take a quick diversion from the Christmas knitting to make some mittens for my little Goober, and to fix his hat so it'll fit him for longer - if not make him an entirely new hat! That, and I'm thinking he needs a new pair of booties too.... Hopefully it won't take too long to get those projects done as it's starting to get quite chilly here the past few days!

I don't know if I wrote about it here or not, but I've decided to make a Tuscany shawl for hubby's Gramma in place of "The vest that just won't be". I know it's going to be red - but I need to make a final decision on the yarn by the end of the week so I can get it ordered and in and started! I'm thinking that it won't take any longer than 3 weeks from start to finish - plenty of time!

I've also started on a pair of socks for my dad - I actually worked on them while I was waiting to go to the OR for my surgery on Friday. I'm pretty sure that was the only thing that kept me sane and calm! I've got the cuff done on them, and am into the leg now.

I had been hoping to get a pair of socks finished for Socktoberfest, but it doesn't look like I'm even going to get an entire sock done at the rate I'm going at!

Well, at least I'll have 2 Christmas FO's this month!

0 comments: